To my dear friends & family, I apologize for my momentary absence. I know it has been too long, but as I am in ‘The City that Never Sleeps’ this summer, I have had little to no time for DIY projects or even time to purchase new makeup (*gasp*). Though it’s probably good for my wallet, it’s not good for the heart…well, my heart at least.
I stumbled into Sephora a few days ago, which is always dangerous especially when there is nothing specific you go in to purchase, but I walked out with only 2 items! One in which I want to talk about today; bronzer.
Bronzer is perfect for adding a sunkissed look to the face, neck & chest. Whether giving yourself an all over glow by dusting it on your face or using it to play up your facial features by contouring, everyone loves a little extra depth & adding some fake summer lovin’ to their face. Here are 6 overall bronzers in a variety of price ranges I have picked out to share!
Splurge: (for those of you who are willing to spend a little extra on bronzers)
1) I purchased the Benefit Hoola Bronzer ($28) after hearing many people rave about how wonderful it is & let me tell you, they were right! Even the little applicator brush is perfect for contouring the face. It’s a perfect matte color that blends so easily into the face. This is my absolute new favorite purchase. Hands down.
2) I checked out NARS Laguna Bronzer ($36) several times & have used it before but I am not a fan of shimmer on my face (other than eyeshadow) & this has just a small enough amount to make me steer clear. Bronzers that actually have any kind of shimmer/sparkle in them make the face look muddy (aka dirty) & I rather not have my face sparkle under the light or when I step outside.
3) Lastly, MAC’s Temperature Rising Pro Longwear Bronzer ($30) is a limited edition bronzer that is borderline matte & has a smidge of shimmer but blended in the right way, this is perfect for contouring & applying on the neck & chest.
Steal: (for those who are just looking to get by)
1) Rimmel Natural Bronzer ($5) is one that I’ve used for years but…it has a little shimmer. I use this mostly for the nights I go out & want a little extra sparkle to my face or chest, I don’t recommend this for contouring however. Overall it’s a great all over bronzer.
2) NYX Matte Bronzer ($9) is cheap, matte & gets the job done. It’s a small compact but for the price, it’s not bad. Great to throw in your purse or keep in your car when you need to add a little extra color.
3) Here’s a secret that I learned a few years ago, dark face powders work wonderfully for bronzers. There are so many colors to choose from & they’re all matte! How perfect right? Milani Face Powder ($7) has a great line of darker colors that I use for the extreme bronzed look. I’ve had mine for over a year & I haven’t even made a dent in this compact. I highly suggest this product.
What bronzers are your favorite? Any that have worked well for you?